Back to basics

Monday 9 March 2009



its been a while since i last blogged, but better to blog when i have something to say rather than saying something in order to blog......

Over the past few months ive been reading a good few books, books that have changed...no....MOULDED my ideas, views and some opinions on christian life. Books like "Exiles" by michael frost, "punk monk" by andy freeman, "prodical friendly church" by Jeff Lucas, "being a contagious christian" by Bill Hybels......Truth is i find that you can get so bogged down in a "contempory christian lifestyle" that you some times forget the real basics on which it is all founded on!

Here are the things i hold highest...

(in no order)

God (ok this one is in order..)
Community and people
generousity with time (and money, this is something i struggle with, but i am getting beter)
Forgiveness
LOVE (to everyone)
evangelism (not like milk box evangelism! living evangelism, through actions, relationships, lifestyle. Living as Jesus would in our culture!)
Forgiveness

All of these are as important as the other i supose but its good to think back on them.
How do all of these relate to the way i live my life?

Its all about Matthew 5:13 (NLT) You are the salt of the earth, but what good is salt if it has lost its flavour? Can you make it salty again? it will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless."

I want to be salt! i want to bring flavour to Newtownards or wherever it may be that i am called to (another blog post for another time)

I want to be a...
salty drum teacher
salty youth worker
salty photographer
salty friend
salty son and brother

I can do this, it is written...Philippians 4:13 "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength"

Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. (The Message)

2 comments:

KJG said...

Hey Chris, Thanks for the comment on my blog, I havent blogged in a while! but I do enjoy a blog now and then... Urs looks pretty good pal, just having a nosy just now

Hope ur well

Blessings

Kris

Unknown said...

Nice bloggin Chris, good read!