God is a DJ

Thursday 6 March 2008


God is a DJ

God is a Drummer

God is a Bassist

God is in the GREATEST band ever!

God is a quiet solo singer songwriter

God is all powerfull, in everything


So why do we come and worship on a sunday morning. Why sing the same songs? Why sing?


Do we really worship?


By singing "how great is our god" or "indescribable" WE are no more "Holy" or in the right as singing "Insomnia" by Faithless


Worship is NOT about the songs, something i do now is worship when i play drums.


Sit down behind my kit, thank God, play to please him, his is my audience, every chance i get a play my best and drum solo to God! Really give myself to him, When i sit behind the piano i write songs, the words never make any sence but i sing to God, He enjoys it! THe only one who loves my voce like no other singers matter!


The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.Psalm 28:6-8


Thats cool eh?


Psalm 33:3Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy


Funny how 3 is important again here?


To me this means, it doesent have to be "christian" music to worship. Give your heart to GOd, sing to him and play skillfully, learn an instrument in his name!


Go for it!




I was listening to "god is a dj" by faithless

The Lyrics challenge me!

Why can our Church be like this?

This is my church

This is where I heal my hurts

It's a natural grace

Of watching young life shape

It's in minor keys

Solutions and remedies

Enemies becoming friends

When bitterness ends

This is my church (x3)

This is my church

This is where I heal my hurts

It's in the world

I becomeContained in the hum

Between voice and drum

It's in the change

The poetic justice of cause and effec

tRespect, love, compassion

This is my church

This is where I heal my hurts

For tonight

God is a DJ

God is a DJ

This is my church (x3)

1 comments:

Brian said...

Chris superb post, peace man